A Legacy of Service. . . Just as the initial Spalding facility was supported by the efforts of numerous volunteers and donors, today's Spalding continues to benefit from the contributions of many individuals. More that 150 volunteers and junior volunteers — many of them former patients — help others return to active and productive lives.
Our volunteers help in many ways, including:
- Knitting and crocheting lap robes.
- Sewing Walker bags, and other needed items for patients.
- Providing programming and celebrations for patients and families.
- Support through social visits with patients.
- Pet Visits
- Assisting non-patient care departments with clerical support.
- Helping with Spalding community projects.
A volunteer to coordinate pet visitation (Dogs and Cats only).
- This would involve interviewing owners and their pets to meet our pet visit standards and managing the schedule of these visits. It also would involve talking with staff and patients to find out who would be interested in a pet visit. Time commitment would typically be a few hours a week.
- If you have a pet that you think would be good with our patients please contact Volunteer Services.
Volunteer Opportunities Contact
To volunteer at Spalding, please call 303-367-1166.
Spalding Rehab Locations:
Spalding Rehabilitation Hospital
900 Potomac St.
Aurora, CO 80011
800-367-3309 Toll Free
Spalding Unit at P/SL
1719 East 19th Avenue
Denver, CO 80218