We are pleased to report to you that Spalding Rehabilitation Hospital has been accredited by CARF (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities) for a period of three years for our:
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Programs — (Adults)
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Programs — Brain Injury Program ( Adults)
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Programs — Brain Injury Program (Adolescents)
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Programs — Stroke Specialty Program ( Adults)
The latest accreditation is the 9th consecutive Three-Year Accreditation that the international accrediting body, CARF, has awarded to Spalding Rehabilitation Hospital.
By pursuing and achieving accreditation, Spalding Rehabilitation Hospital has demonstrated that it meets international standards for quality and is committed to pursuing excellence.
We are extremely proud of our Brain Injury Team for receiving Exemplary status for our Controlled Stimulation Unit and Brain Injury Program. The program was commended for providing a positive, consistent therapeutic approach to behavior management that addresses environmental modifications.
We are also pleased to announce the additional accreditation of our Stroke Program for the first time this year. We were honored to receive this accreditation with no recommendations for improvement from the international accrediting body, CARF.
A few additional accolades received from CARF with this accreditation include:
- The staff members are highly skilled, experienced and knowledgeable in addressing the physical, functional, and social needs of the persons served and their family members.
- The interdisciplinary treatment team exhibits professionalism, enthusiasm, and compassion while addressing the physical, functional and social needs of the persons served and their family members.
- Team members demonstrate excellent ongoing communication and collaboration to maximize recovery potential for the persons they serve. Persons served are moved smoothly and efficiently through a well-integrated and well-coordinated continuum of care.
- The programs operate under the leadership of well-qualified medical directors who are deemed by the staff as knowledgeable, approachable and involved. They are active and engaged at all levels of the organization.
- The persons served and their families benefit from the experience and collaboration of this interdisciplinary team and the consistency of services that they provide.
This accreditation decision represents the highest level of accreditation that can be awarded to an organization and shows our organization’s substantial conformance to the CARF standards. An organization receiving a Three-Year Accreditation has put itself through a rigorous peer review process. It has demonstrated to a team of surveyors during an on-site visit its commitment to offering programs and services that are measurable, accountable, and of the highest quality.
Spalding Rehabilitation Hospital is a For-profit organization that has been providing Acute Physical Rehabilitation in the Denver and Aurora areas for over 40 years. With two locations to serve the community, Spalding Hospital in Aurora at 900 Potomac St., Aurora, 80011 and Spalding Unit at P/SL, 1719 East 19th Ave., Denver, 80218.
CARF is an independent, nonprofit accrediting body whose mission is to promote the quality, value, and optimal outcomes of services through a consultative accreditation process that centers on enhancing the lives of the persons served. Founded in 1966 as the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities, and now known as CARF International, the accrediting body establishes consumer-focused standards to help organizations measure and improve the quality of their programs and services.
We would welcome an opportunity to further acquaint you with our services and respond to your questions. We believe our organization is a valuable asset, and our CARF accreditation underscores our commitment to the community we serve.